mayamol.sees.the.world

a travel blog.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

In Goa...not quite India...




I chose to make my way to India through Goa because I thought that maybe India would be a little too full-on. I didn't realize, however that Goa is so far from India that it is ridiculously laid back.

I met an Israeli boy on the plane called Idan, who convinced me to join him to Palolem. I didn't have a very specific plan, knew that plans weren't terribly helpful when traveling and said why the hell not.

It's rather peaceful here, and INCREDIBLY western. It's a beach and thats about all I can gather so far. Not much compared to Ko PhaNgan. But as the fates would have it, within my first five minutes here I was offered the opportunities I was seeking: a reiki circle and course and a volunteer opportunity with animals. The reiki begins tomorrow and I am pretty stoked about it, the animal shelter I still have to work out some kinks. But I'm thinking if it works, the two will be well suited--I can practice the reiki on the animals that I will be helping and all will be well in the kingdom of me.

I'm pretty exhausted, traveling for 48 hours and finally taking one of those naps that leaves you more worn out than when you started. I'm off to dinner now with my new co horts.

Just wanted to let you all know that I made it to India (although its hard to call it that).

2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Aunt , Uncle and cousins are there. Daddy sent you their email . Get together with them as they truly know India and are looking forward to meeting up with you.

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful speaking to you last night

     

Post a Comment

<< Home